Wed, Feb 05|
Petal, 2nd Floor
Group Mentoring Session on How to Manage a Successful Career in FinTech
Join NYC Fintech Women, LendIt and Petal in facilitator-led discussions about managing career challenges as a woman in FinTech and get guidance and learnings from other women who’ve been there.
Time & Location
Feb 05, 2020, 6:30 PM – 9:00 PM
Petal, 2nd Floor, 483 Broadway, New York, NY 10013, USA
About the Event
A Facilitated Mentoring Session on How to Manage and Navigate a Successful Career in FinTech
This discussion will include smaller breakout sessions on the topics below.
- Advocating for Yourself in Negotiations. All differences of opinion are negotiations, and it’s up to you to advocate for your beliefs. This can include the often-dreaded conversations about salary increases or promotions. Learn from others how they have been successful in self-promoting and pushing for advancement of their perspectives at work.
- Building Your Personal Board of Directors. Navigating the ups and downs of work-life can be hard. Having the expert guidance of people you trust and who have the wisdom to direct you can be super helpful. Learn why creating a Personal Board of Directors is important, how others have approached assembling their Board of Directors, profiles they’ve sought, where they’ve networked, and in what types of situations they consult their Board.
- Progressing in Your Career. Whether you are actively seeking out a new opportunity, or passively considering options, it helps to be strategic in thinking through the next steps. Find out from others how they’ve crafted their career paths, sources of leads, and how they were able to ensure growth opportunities at every step.
- Managing 360. Our jobs aren’t just about managing up and down, but all around. To move your agenda forward, it requires the support and collaboration of stakeholders at all levels -- your manager, executives, peers, and junior team members. Discuss how you’ve managed this, and learn tips, tricks, and views from others.
Location details and notes:
Petal is located on the 2nd floor of 483 Broadway between Broome and Grand Streets in the heart of Soho. Nearest subway stops include:
- Canal Street stop at Broadway: N/Q/R/W/6/J/Z
- Canal Street stop at 6th Ave: A/C/E
- Franklin Street stop: 1
- Prince Street stop: N/Q/R/W
When you arrive, use the arrows on the buzzer to locate 'Petal.' Ring for Petal and make your way to the second floor. When you come in you will be asked to sign a simple Nondisclosure Agreement and fill out a nametag.
We look forward to seeing you at the event!